Thursday, August 18, 2011

Embracing an Imperfect World

I admit. Strange as it may be, but I’m a sucker for tragic love stories. I’m not the typical girl who would go gaga for every fairytale-like love story she would encounter. Of course having a ‘happy-ever-after’ ending is fine, but nothing draws out people’s emotions like sad endings and pain. For me, crying is the most genuine way of exposing your feelings – it’s always unanticipated (I’m talking about the genuine ‘crying-your-eyes-out’ situations here), you never know it will happen until you get there. People showcase real emotion whenever it’s uncontrollable. Whether it’s crying because of joy, celebration, or fulfillment; or crying because of loneliness, hurt, or pain; or even crying for the wrong reasons. I believe that when you cry, you’re exposing a part of yourself that you won’t normally let anyone see. Whenever things that I watch bring out this kind of feeling, I really admire it. When people cry, they’re at their most human. When people cry, you know that things get flawed. I admire stories that expose the cold truth that things can’t always go the way we want them to. But at the end of the day, when people cry, there’s this realization that no matter how imperfect the world may be, you still want to live in it, and you still want to experience things no matter how much it pains you because it makes you happy. That’s courage for me: the ability to accept life’s flaws and imperfections, accepting that pain is inevitable. That no matter how hard, you can live with it. No matter how much it hurts, you still want it. J

(Note: I was writing this with Yiruma’s Love Me as the background music. Way to set the mood, eh? :P)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you -- so don't think twice, just comment below and let's talk! If you're feeling like it, you could also link up and I'll make sure to visit your site if you have one. Much love, ~ R. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
back to top