Monday, October 24, 2011

"You gave meaning to my life...", Reworded


"Whenever I listened to her, I felt my life meant more than mere biology..." - Richard DeTamble 
I was reading The Time Traveler's Wife and stumbled upon this line. This was when Clare asked Richard, to describe Henry's long deceased mother, Annette. I'm a sucker for lines like this. The phrase "S/he gave meaning to my life.", reworded, in the most heartbreaking way.

Mr. DeTamble is only a fictional character, but reading what he has to say about his beloved makes me somehow wince because I can feel how much he loved her and how miserable he has become since she suddenly died without warning.

I pondered over this for a while. I closed my eyes, and I can almost see his pained expression, though unclear. His face with a smile, remembering the good old days when they were still together hand in hand with everyday that passes, but at the same time, you can't deny the anguish that crossed his features letting you know that he, once again, undergone the cruel curse of remembering and a painful realization that it's all gone. An expression, happy and hurt at the same time, that you can only tap him in the back and say "It's gonna be okay." to stop the guilt from asking.

Just a line, and I'm making it a big deal. As always.
-----
Some other killer lines that makes me "ahhh..." in sadness... (by Richard DeTamble as well):
"After she died, I don't think I ever felt anything again."
"Oh. No. It doesn't... hurt me; I... it's good to know she's there, somewhere. I mean... the worst thing is that she's gone. So it's good that she's out there. Even if I can't see her."
-----
Okay, back to reading. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you -- so don't think twice, just comment below and let's talk! If you're feeling like it, you could also link up and I'll make sure to visit your site if you have one. Much love, ~ R. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
back to top