Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Hunger Games coming to life.

Because of the hype that the first week of class has given me, I almost totally forgot that Lionsgate would be releasing the first Official trailer of The Hunger Games last Monday (November 14, 2011), until I saw it at Airiz's blog (Cinderella in Combat Boots). The movie is the big screen adaptation of the 1st in the best selling dystopian-set book series penned by Suzanne Collins, and is set to be showed on March 2012.




The Hunger Games Official Trailer

Whew! Goosebumps and a tear in my eye. That moment where Prim's name was picked from the bowl of names - that's where it all began. Effie, Cinna, Haymitch, District 12, the Capitol (though a glimpse) - though I admit I've had second thoughts in the ability of Lionsgate to bring to life this dystopian community, watching the trailer feels like perfection unraveling in my eyes. Haha, I know, it's a bit of an overreaction.. but it was the first time that I've read a book series long before it was even in the talks to be made as a film. The anticipation and the excitement - during the casting, the signing of the contract, and all - has about killed me. And seeing this - the result of all the process was worth it. It's just almost the first half of the book, and I'm crying like a fool already - especially that part where Katniss screamed "I volunteer!". Goodness!

This movie is definitely in my watch-list for 2012, as in absolutely! I pretty much want to time-travel forward to March 12, 2012. Seriously! I'll mark the date. So, excuse me while I go rape the 'replay' button. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you -- so don't think twice, just comment below and let's talk! If you're feeling like it, you could also link up and I'll make sure to visit your site if you have one. Much love, ~ R. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...