Thursday, November 17, 2011

Gossip Girl Season 4: Painful Goodbyes.

It's no news that I'm addicted to Gossip Girl (both the TV series and the books) as indicated in my sidebar. So I'm sharing that I just finished watching Gossip Girl Season 4... I'm a sucker for Serena-and-Dan tandem (before she started sleeping with a bunch of guys other than Nate) on Season 1. But Chuck and Blair stole my eyes and my heart as well from Season 1, and continuing up 'till Season 4. And no matter what happened, MY HEART WILL ALWAYS BE WITH CHUCK AND BLAIR. Season 4 was brimming with heartbreak and heart-wrenching goodbyes. One minute everything was okay, and the next thing you know, it's letting go yet again.

Imagine saying goodbye to the one person you love - that one person who truly and completely understands you - over and over again. Here are some of the most memorable BxC goodbye scenes in Season 4 that made my chest hurt like crazy:

Episode 2: Double Identity


B: Just because you’re dressed poorly doesn’t mean you’re not Chuck Bass.
C: Why would I wanna be him?
B: You should’ve told me you got shot.
C: Surprised you didn’t shoot me yourself?
B: I have. Many times, in my dreams. The good ones. But if you were really hurt, I would wanna know.
C: When I woke up my ID was gone. Nobody knew who I was, nobody was coming to look for me. I realized I might be alive but Chuck Bass doesn’t have to be.
B: Changing your name doesn’t change who you are –
C: It’s a good start. The chance to live simply, earning people’s respect, maybe become a person someone could love.
B: Someone did love you. And you owe it to her, and everyone else you’re leaving behind, not to run away – which is what you’re doing. And I don’t think that great man you’re talking about wanting to be is a coward. I think he would face up to what he did.
C: I destroyed the only thing I ever loved.
(Blair hands back Chuck’s ring.)

B: I don’t love you anymore... But it takes more than even you to destroy a Blair Waldorf.
C: Your world would be easier if I didn’t come back.
B: That’s true. But it wouldn’t be my world without you in it.

Episode 6: Easy J




C: Look. We can keep blaming each other for what happened that night or we could mind the harder truth: it was no one’s fault. It was fate. Tragic.
B: If Serena hadn’t kissed Dan then Nate wouldn’t have been in the hospital to confront her and Jenny wouldn’t have come looking for Nate.
C: If Dorota hadn’t gone into labor...
B: Maybe everything would be different. But it’s not.
C: We’re holding on to the pain because that’s all we have left. But we don’t have to. We have a choice.
B: (offers her hand) Truce...
(Blair pulls out her hand after the shake...)
B: You could see yourself out.
C: I know the way.

Episode 22: The Wrong Goodbye 



(That scene where Blair was about to tell Louise that she’s choosing Chuck over him but then Chuck suddenly blurted out “What she’s trying to say is she has my blessing. I couldn’t be more happy. It’s over, you’re getting married.”)B: Why did you just do that?
C: Because of what you said earlier.
B: About being happy? Chuck, that’s not the most important thing. People don’t write sonnets about being compatible or novels about shared life goals and stimulating conversation. The great loves are the crazy ones [...]
C: Blair, we’re not living in Paris, that’s what it is.
B: But we both wish we were.
C: There’s a difference between a great love and a right love. I left the Empire State Building last year after two minutes when you didn’t show. Louise waited all night. This is your chance at happiness. You think you should not want it coz you never had it and it scares you. But you deserve your fairytale.B: We’d make our own fairytales.C: Only when we have to. You don’t.
B: How do you feel about tonight?
C: Awful. Just terrible. In fact, I’ve never felt like this before.
B: Guilt. I feel it too. Maybe I’m actually growing up after all.
C: I don’t wanna let you go just yet.
(Chuck kisses Blair in the forehead.)C: Don’t let anyone tell you you’re not powerful. You’re the most powerful woman I know.
B: It’s taking whole power if I have to walk away from you.
C: I know. But I need to let you go. You need to let go.
B: I will always love you.
C: I will always love you.

It nice to know that Chuck got the most out of his relationship with Blair. He matured - in a good way. But I hate to see him being the one who always has to let go for the right reasons. Blair sure deserves her fairytale, but he deserves love too. Did you see his face right after Blair said "I don't love you anymore"? (Episode 2, Double Identity). His face - that's really heartbreaking. As in pure ouuuuuch. This season was waaaay too painful. I know that they would always find their way into each other, but these goodbyes are really ripping my heart off. As the title of the season's last episode goes, these are really  "The Wrong Goodbye"s. ;(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you -- so don't think twice, just comment below and let's talk! If you're feeling like it, you could also link up and I'll make sure to visit your site if you have one. Much love, ~ R. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
back to top