Saturday, November 12, 2011

The joy of reading.

I found this GIF at Fuckyeahreading's Tumblr, and even though I reblogged my heart away, I seriously want this to appear in this blog.
Source: http://fuckyeahreading.tumblr.com/
It summarizes what I feel for books -- pretty clearly. That is why the books which I can relate to hold a very big and special place in my heart. It was as if someone who I don't know feels the same way too and is able to put into words what I can't even figure out myself. Books provide me company, they gave me light. Books comfort me when no one else does. Books are the lifeblood that kept me holding on when I feel that the real world is neglecting me (Lels, I'm internalizing this waaaaay too much.). But that pretty much sums it. Books make me feel that I'm not alone when I actually am.

Whenever I am basically escaping my problems by poring over books, I found myself reading something that I am afraid to admit myself. It's a self-meditation in a way. It's a way of figuring out, going inside yourself deeper than you have ever been. Plus, I always had better opinion to bottling it all up and figuring it all out on your own. I pretty much think that most of the time, sharing everything with someone complicates things more. And yes, that's how much reserved I am. Haha.

But I really believe that reading is some kind of a therapy. And I hope you should too. Enjoy the bliss that is reading! Ciao! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you -- so don't think twice, just comment below and let's talk! If you're feeling like it, you could also link up and I'll make sure to visit your site if you have one. Much love, ~ R. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
back to top