Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Short Story Review: Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman by Haruki Murakami


 My first look at Murakami’s prowess. And what can I say? I guess the rumors I’ve heard were true. Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman (which is incidentally the title of this collection but I don’t know if it embodies the whole of it) was downright twisted, random, morbid (I guess, at least for me), and I don’t know (*laughs*). I was left in awe, or confusion or whatever it is I’m feeling right now, because of the way the story turned. I’m not saying that it’s not good enough, but the opposite. This was too good. And the fact that it left me like this was an indication that I consider it a good book (books that affect me this much were fantastic in my opinion). I find the whole willow story kinda creepy and, yes, sad. I was just confused with the whole ”And left that hill still overgrown with blind willow” thing. I know there is a deeper meaning to it than what I’ve been thinking, and I’m pondering over it right now. If anyone of you can give me a concrete explanation about this, it would do me a lot of favor if you tell me what’s gone in there — cause I’m a little lost right now (*giggles*). Feel free to comment below.

Be my friend at Goodreads. :3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you -- so don't think twice, just comment below and let's talk! If you're feeling like it, you could also link up and I'll make sure to visit your site if you have one. Much love, ~ R. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...