Saturday, December 3, 2011

Guilty pleasure. :D

Browsing through National Bookstore has always been a guilty pleasure of mine. Flipping through books, reading plot synopsis at the back of paperbacks, watching out for new arrivals - it has always brought me good vibes and so, I kept on coming back.

I've been in the dumps  today for the reasons only God knows. I've been really down and I know that nothing could brighten me up except a cup of coffee, foods, and of course, stacks and stacks of books (and I chose the latter). So as December strikes, I decided to take a walk despite busy school sched only to find out that paradise has become heaven! Haha. (Such exaggeration, I know. ). There are new arrivals in the usual stack of books in NBS' stalls. And sure enough, I haven't controlled myself yet again.

Here are some interesting titles I came across:

Left: The Wind-up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami; Right: The Hunger Games Companion by Lois H. Gresh
Well, The Wind-up Bird Chronicle was not really new per se, but I've been drooling over this book for a while now ever since I started reading a Murakami and discovered how brilliant of a writer he is. As for The Hunger Games Companion, I happened to peek a preview of this a few days ago that I came across via internet fandoms. And since The Hunger Games Trilogy (Suzanne Collins) was one of my favorite book series ever, this is definitely a must have! The sales lady was seriously looking at me for staying at that stall far too long, almost devouring the whole book (luckily, it's opened) only to return it back to it's place. Haha.

Left: Looking for Alaska by John Green; Right: 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami
1Q84 was Murakami's latest novel, and it was just recently released at NBS, I heard. It was a pretty massive hardbound book, and the cover was impressive. And it costs a lot too. But the thing is, I really want this for my birthday, or for next year, or whatever. All i know is that I want this, and possibly all of the books in my dream 'Murakami Library'. I can't seriously get the hang of myself, because i'm starting to become really addicted to his writings. Screw the bills, I'll just work it out. 

Another:

If you're an avid reader, living in the Philippines, and you know who John Green is, you would probably freak out for having found a sole copy of Looking for Alaska displayed in the front row of the YA novel section at NBS, because God knows how rare Green's books are in the Philippines. I screamed (of course, in my head only) the moment I saw it. So I quickly grabbed it. I had this in my hands the whole time I was browsing at NBS. XD

And I can't seem to let it go.... sooo.....

Jaraaaaan! I bought it! XD
Together with my NBS Laking National Card, we headed out to the cashier. Yes, I was soooo happy that I even forgot to buy what I came to buy in the bookstore in the first place: a sign pen. Haha. Actually, I already read this, but just in PDF. Now, I'll be able to devour it in it's full printed glory. Though I haven't been able to buy the three books above, I'll be sure to add those in my 2012 Reading/Bucket List. Yey! This is what you call Christmas! :))

2 comments:

  1. nice blog dear :) Start following you :)

    Glenn of Gencified

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms Glenn: I was almost absolutely sure that no one was ever reading this blog. In case you noticed, you're my first ever follower.:)) Thanks for following really, it really means a lot. :)

    Already followed you back, nice content you have there. :))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you -- so don't think twice, just comment below and let's talk! If you're feeling like it, you could also link up and I'll make sure to visit your site if you have one. Much love, ~ R. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...