Monday, December 19, 2011

Inquirer Lifestyle Released Their Top 10 Books for 2011! (as it fires up my bookwormism XD ))

Another thing I'm very fascinated about, beside books and music, are LISTS. And when I see at least two of my favorite things collide, I'm going instantly crazy. >.< 

I've always enjoyed book lists; they gave a heads up on what books I would love to try and read plus I really love the feeling I get whenever books I've already read are included in them. 

That's why I was so thrilled when I saw a link at National Book Store's Facebook Page that Lifestyle Inquirer released a list of their Top 10 Books for 2011. 


Books! >.<
List of Books:
(Alphabetized by author's name)

Up, from L to R:
Ambition Destiny Victory:  Stories from a Presidential Election
by  Chay F. HofileƱa and Miriam Grace A. Go

Steve Jobs
by Walter Isaacson

In the Garden of the Beasts: Love, Terror, and an American Family in Hitler’s Berlin
by Erik Larson

A Dance with Dragons: A Song of Ice and Fire Book Five
by George R.R. Martin

The Night Circus
by Erin Morgenstern

Down, from L to R:
Supergods: What Masked Vigilantes, Miraculous Mutants, and a Sun God from Smallville Can Teach Us about Being Human
by Grant Morrison 

Lumayo Ka nga sa Akin
by Bob Ong

Before Ever After: A Novel
by Samantha Sotto

It’s a Mens World
by Bebang Siy

Trese Vol. 4: Last Seen After Midnight
by Budjette Tan and Kajo Baldisimo

-------------
Sadly, I've never read a single thing in this list. ;( As much as it pains me to admit, I think I've been really left out when it comes to new books because I'm too busy accomplishing my Reading List which I've gathered from other reader's recommendations and reviews. And I think, they're published way earlier than 2011. >.< So I guess there's no sense feeling guilty. Besides, I've already been eyeing some of the books in this list. And some, I've already seen. :)

Just to note.
  • Because of the raves that some of my favorite bloggers (Airiz of Cinderella in Combat Boots, and Ms. Regina of Remember Me Through Flash Photography and Screams) are giving The Game of Thrones, I'm meaning to buy the A Song of Fire and Ice series by G.R.R. Martin, which includes A Dance with Dragons. Haha. I'm currently downloading the HBO series, and it's turning out to be pretty interesting (Episode 1, finished!). I'm really looking forward to the Drogo x Dany pairing, because of the overwhelming amount of fandom I am seeing at YouTube and Tumblr. XD
  • Bob Ong's Lumayo Ka Nga Sa Akin! I first found out about it while I was scanning NBS' dash a couple of days ago. I wanted to buy this for myself, but I don't know, buying Bob Ong books after I stopped collecting (I think that was first year college) has been pretty hard for me. Haha, for some reason, I can't bring myself to do it even though they're kinda cheap compared to my other impulsive haul like Looking for Alaska which costs double almost triple the normal price of Ong's books. But nonetheless, I got it for my Monita in our Christmas Party because it so happened that she's been collecting Bob Ong's books ever since forever. I got it right after it's provincial release at NBS. Though I want my gift for myself, I guess it's worth it. :)
  • And lastly, Trese. Oh yeah, Ever since my interest in Neil Gaiman bloomed, my need want for graphic novels also sparked. 'Nuff saif, and so,I want this. Hehe. I've been seeing this comics at National Book Store's feature/new arrival/best seller shelf for the past few months, and I can't believe what I've been missing! Goodness! This is pretty affordable, I guess. I think this is gonna be my first graphic novel ever. I'm gonna snatch up a copy and head over the cashier, int he future. In the coming days. Yeah, I will. ^_____^
  • I'm not that into Non-fiction. Period. But Self help books would do.
-----
PS. I'm enjoying the holidays. I've been posting non stop ever since I got home. Happy Holidays, you too! :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you -- so don't think twice, just comment below and let's talk! If you're feeling like it, you could also link up and I'll make sure to visit your site if you have one. Much love, ~ R. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
back to top