Saturday, April 14, 2012

Bookwormism Update

Time constraints. One of my major problems in satisfying my need for books. Though it pains me to ignore the things I love to give way to the things I need to do, it's a process I need to do in order to have an orderly life. Besides, I just can't leave my accounting books behind and pick up, say, a non-academic-related book and then go to class without knowing anything because I stayed up all night reading and dreaming tales that transport me to another world. That won't be a very good excuse. I can't just do that, or else, I'll be through.

Source

Due to my belief that it would be unnecessary for me to target a certain number of books and pressure myself while I let go of other needed chores (my planning skills are really poor), I think I would HAVE to cutback. I initially signed up for a pledge to read 25 books during 2012. Though that number was not really high enough for someone who loves to read books, I think that was fair enough if I consider tons of reading material assigned to us every week. But sadly, I think I won't be able to make it, given my current phase and how long my recent readings are. (Game of Thrones, ehem). Additionally, a month or so from now, I would soon be starting my last year in college so I honestly think that I should get it together and have a more serious approach to my studies than ever. I shouldn't be wasting time, even if it for the things that I love. But since reading only my school books would prove to be soooo stressful, I can't really erase the habit of picking up a book when my mind is strained from the daily strain school has been giving me.



So, from 25 books, I would go with 15 books this year. Yep, 10-book difference. This would fluctuate, maybe adding more, or further cutting back... depending on how everything would fare up when the semester commences. As much as it pains me, I can't really do anything because I don't want to push myself to my limits. I am a very slow reader if you would notice.

On a brighter note:


Even though I cut back on the necessary books I need to read this year, there's no denying that some of my love is still in utter glow. I'm currently addicted to George R.R. Martin's epic series, A Song of Ice and Fire. I already finished "A Game of Thrones", which is the Book 1 of the series, and is now currently engrossed in it's Book 2, A Clash of Kings (almost finished). I've been reading it in e-book because I cannot really afford full-printed copies due to shortage in allowance because it is currently summer vacation. Haha. >.< But then, because of how hooked I am in the story line, I don't think I will be going anywhere than being excited to finish the series this year.


I was reading through blogs when I found The Lit Bitch, and I noticed that she is hosting a Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire Series) Reading Challenge 2012 and I decided to join in. Besides, I'm already reading it, it won't be bad to try to finish it. A few more motivation would do. If you want to try it out, just click HERE. This would direct you to the directions regarding the challenge, and you could sign up in the list provided there. Also, don't forget to paste the badge as proof (the image you can see in my sidebar under the title 'Reading Challenges') that you're participating. :))

Song of Ice and Fire, for the win! >.<


As it turns out, I've already finished a third of the said challenge and is looking forward to finishing up the remaining two-thirds in the next couple of months. I'm almost finished with Haruki Murakami's Norwegian Wood (though it proves to be a drag), and is now beginning to get to the climax of George R.R. Martin's A Clash of Kings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you -- so don't think twice, just comment below and let's talk! If you're feeling like it, you could also link up and I'll make sure to visit your site if you have one. Much love, ~ R. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...