Friday, April 20, 2012

Tyrion Lannister is the man! (A Clash of Kings rant)


I'm almost through with A Clash of Kings and I was into reading Tyrion's POV in the last remaining chapters of the book and then I cam across this:
Her blood still marked him as he looked down at the queen. “I have never like you, Cersei, but you were my own sister, so I never did you harm. You’ve ended that. I will hurt you for this. I don’t know how yet, but give me time. A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you’ll know the debt is paid.”
In war, his father had told him once, the battle is over in the instant one army breaks and flees. No matter that they’re as numerous as they were a moment before, still armed and armored; once they had run before you they would not turn to fight you again. So it was with Cersei. “Get out!” was all the answer she could summon. “Get out of my sight!”
Tyrion bowed. “Good night, then. And pleasant dreams.”

~ Tyrion Lannister (POV), A Clash of Kings (George R.R. Martin)
Talk about bad-ass. The excitement in the book was really building up. But man do I loved him in here! I've always dreamed of Tyrion making Cersei feel helpless, or dream of a time when he finally stood up and tell that in her face -- outright! Most of you would not really relate to me... but what the heck! I am growing to be an absolute hardcore fan one page at a time. This man is really dope giving Cersei a taste of her own medicine. I already had my eyes at him for his POV is one that I enjoyed the most, even before this. I just loved his conviction in this line, especially with that "I will hurt you for this." part. Halfman, all the way! <3

I already heard Peter Dinklage (the one who plays him in the HBO TV series) mouthing this line in the teasers that I've watched, and was pretty interested on why he would say this and to whom, and my expectations never failed me. Okay, I can't stop fangirling. >.< Brilliant George R.R. Martin, though he's ripping my heart out with the way he's treating his characters and the direction this whole story is going. This is one cruel man, but he keeps me wanting for more. Kyaaah! Can't wait to finish it. I'll probably be turning the last page tomorrow, or later before I go to sleep. :))

2 comments:

  1. "...battle/s is/are over..." :))

    True :)) He is very cruel with his characters, and he openly admitted that!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that about him. He's cruel, but it keeps me wanting more. XD

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you -- so don't think twice, just comment below and let's talk! If you're feeling like it, you could also link up and I'll make sure to visit your site if you have one. Much love, ~ R. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
back to top