Saturday, May 26, 2012

Movie: Letters to Juliet (2010)

Ashamed as I may have been to admit it, but I watched this movie just now. Yep, almost 2 years after the release. Hehe. Well, i don't know what happened, but I've always known this movie yet I didn't even make the slightest effort to watch it. Despite all of the fuss. But this post from Mika changed my mind, and so, I downloaded it. And watched it.

Source
I've always loved Amanda Seyfried.... ever since Mean Girls. But besides that, this quote struck my interest the most:
’What’ and ‘if’ are two words as non-threatening as words can be.  But put them together side-by-side and they have the power to haunt you for the rest of your life: What if?  What if??  WHAT IF???  I don’t know how your story ended but if what you felt then was true love, then it’s never too late.  If it was true then, why wouldn’t it be true now?  You need only the courage to follow your heart.  I don’t know what a love like Juliet‘s feels like: love to leave loved ones for, love to cross oceans for, but I’d like to believe if I ever were to feel it, that I’d have the courage to seize it.  And Claire, if you didn’t, I hope one day that you will…
If you've been a reader of this blog, you might as well know the obvious that I'm a sucker when it comes to QUOTES. Haha, movie and book quotes alike. So yeah, I got to read this amazing paragraph and "Bam!" I know that I just have to watch it.

This is not really my favorite, and if ever I was asked what my favorite movie is, I'm not totally sure but "500 Days of Summer" comes the closest to a favorite. But this is definitely a nice movie, set up in a very beautiful place.

Source
Amanda was awesome as always. Plus, Christopher Egan's British accent was sooo delicious I could've died. Haha.The movie was heart warming. And the moment I heard Taylor Swift's "Love Story" playing in the background right at the last parts of the movie, I was smiling so wide I look like a fool. XD Nothing really beats hearing a song unexpectedly. I was soooo full of love and was sooo giddy it's not even funny. :D

And that last balcony scene was awesome, aye? And what he said to her in the end. "Leaving London would be a pleasure as long as you're waiting for me on the other side." A bit cheesy, but whatever. I just loved that scene. :))

And that what if thing was really put to use very well in that letter. It's the thing that attracted me here in the first place. I would imagine reading the book if I have the chance, but I'm not really into love stories lately. But I would love too, if ever I'm in the mood again. Haha, I don't even know if the book was one. 

Really a bit late to be doing this,but I highly recommend it for weekly chick flick viewings... :*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you -- so don't think twice, just comment below and let's talk! If you're feeling like it, you could also link up and I'll make sure to visit your site if you have one. Much love, ~ R. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...