Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Your Love Cover - An original song by Christine Gambito (a.k.a. Happy Slip)

It may be a bit of a joke for me to cover songs and upload them in the internet where almost everyone could see - but oh well, what the hell. Haha. XD

I was browsing and downloading songs for a new line up in my playlist when I suddenly remembered the song I once loved on HappySlip's channel - which sadly, turned out to be deleted or deactivate or whatever. Luckily, thanks to sammyboi of Youtube, I was able to track down the video. Apparently, you can only see it if you have the actual link. If you want to see the original version, just CLICK HERE.

This is one of my favorite worship songs. I loved the melody the first time I clicked and heard it in Christine's channel a couple of years back. I'm not really that much of a religious-type of person, but something in the lyrics really spoke to me. And I can't stop putting it on repeat.

I've been crazy-addicted to this song, so just to get over it (which I pretty much still don't), I decided to record myself singing this with the guitars. Oha! >.< 

And now, I humbly present to you: a crappy cover of Your Love by none other than ME. :)




Apparently, the inspiration behind this song's moving lyrics was this verse:
Ephesians 3:17-19And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

The lyrics were as follows:

When I try to look elsewhere or in others, I lose myself
For my life is nothing without you, My Creator
You give me meaning,You give me purpose
I find my destiny in you oh God
How wide, How long
How high and how deep
Is your love oh Lord
Unless the Lord builds this house
I will build in vain, I will sink in the sand
But I choose to stand on you, The Rock of my Salvation
You give me meaning, You give me purpose
I find my destiny in you oh God
How wide, How long
How high and how deep
Is your love oh Lord
For when I fall, When I fail
You pick me up, And Hold me in your arms
Oh Lord my God
Reedemer and my Friend
You're the Alpha, Omega
The Great I am
And I give my all to you
How wide, How long
How high and how deep
Is your love oh Lord
I die to myself, So that you might live in me oh Lord
All the days of my life, Shine through me
Oh God of who I am
Oh God of who I am
Excuse everything in that recording. Hehe. My guitar-playing skill were pretty amateur but since the chords were quite simple to follow, I managed to do it in whole. I even messed up a lyrics at the near of the song. Hehe. But all in all, it was the most decent recording I could have. This was very nerve-wracking, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. :))


Side note:

  • Thanks to Jay of ladiesmanman209.multiply.com for providing the chords. They were previously published in Christine's website but even that is taken down as well.
  • As you can see, it's uploaded in SoundCloud. I recently created an account there because the other covers I posted in my Tumblr account turned out to be corrupted and unrecoverable as time passed by. You can check me out there, CLICK HERE and you'll be directed to my profile! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you -- so don't think twice, just comment below and let's talk! If you're feeling like it, you could also link up and I'll make sure to visit your site if you have one. Much love, ~ R. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
back to top