The last weeks of my semester have been pretty demanding. Defenses, write ups, studies, reporting -- they just hit me one after another. I set up my priorities straight and that means sacrificing time for the things that I do out of just pure love.
BUT, I am really pleased to say that all the sacrifices are worth it. These are my partial grades for the last semester:
I'm just one grade short, and I'm crossing my fingers for that one. PLUS I am just so happy, because there is still an almost 75% chance that I would get back my scholarship though just half, and a whooping 25% chance that I would get a full scholarship this sem. (And no, I haven't computed that. LOL. Those chances are just assumed numbers.) But still, there is really a high possibility for both and I couldn't be much happier. I've been vying for that scholarship for more than two semesters now, the result just proves that my all my hard work was recognized.
As you are quite aware of, the semester break is on! And that means having time for myself and for everything that I love doing. I was scanning through my October posts and it struck me as odd that I haven't posted anything book-related to this blog except this post (which is just mildly there, but I appreciate if you would read it). Events, giveaways, whatnots -- those are the focus of this page of mine for the last couple of days but still I've got to apologize for the complete lack of book-related material in this blog. I've put up this blog for the sole reason of sharing my experiences and the things I love -- and surely, my love for books deserve a whole lotta space in here.
So these are the books on my currently-reading shelf right now:
|Top to Bottom: |
A Feast for Crows by George R.R. Martin,
Shopaholic & Baby by Sophie Kinsella,
AND The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky.
- A Feast for Crows by George R.R. Martin. Books in the ASOIF series require time. And when I started reading it, I accepted that. That's why no matter how demanding they may get, I still bear it. That's one of the perks of being a ASOIF addict. It consumes you. LOL. But on a brighter note, I'm still in the process of reading it. I'm almost through with the first quarter and it's been interesting so far. I'm pretty excited to write a review about it, and move on to A Dance with Dragons which I've been fighting the urge to flip through in my bookshelf. XD Especially since finishing the A Song of Ice and Fire Series is one of my 2012 goals which are yet to be achieved. If you are an ASOIF addict like me, or just reading one of the books in the series, I recommend you join The Lit Bitch's reading challenge. It provides more motivation, and besides, you can also have friends to discuss your views in the book with. :)
- Shopaholic and Baby by Sophie Kinsella. So far, the only book I've got and read in the Shopaholic series is the first one, Confessions of a Shopaholic -- and it was fun. This the fifth book in the series I guess, and I think I could read it without bothering for the other three. XD Since I don't have that much chic lits in my bookshelf, reading them somewhat alienates me every time. Hehe, but so far, this comedy of a book is proving to be so hilarious. I can't stop laughing.
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. I swore that I'd read and finish it before the movie comes out, but somehow, I broke my promise. (Unpopular opinion alert!) There's just something that creeps me, or it's just me reading so many books that focus on depression (i.e. Norwegian Wood and Hold Still). But seeing the movie trailer puts everything in good light, so I decided to give it another shot. Originally, I already finished almost half of it, but I think I should start from the beginning again and give this book a chance.
And that's all for the news. I wish I could really make the most out of my Halloween vacation by devouring and enjoying the company of my books. With a hot cup of coffee (or a cold treat of coffee jelly, which I recently discovered the recipe thanks to my classmate), I'm off! Happy reading everyone! :))