Friday, November 9, 2012

My 2012 Reading Challenge Update

It's almost just one and half month shy before the calendar flipped into another year again...and I figured I should post an update post regarding my reading challenge. I've been using Goodreads to keep track of all the books I've read and it's been proving to be extra useful, especially since I also got awesome book recommendations from the site.

I originally planned to read 25 books this year. But as I said in my post last April, I cut back to 15 books. And yeah, I'm still pushing through with that even though my schedule is really packed right now.

13/15! >.<
I'm glad to say that I'm two books shy of completing my challenge to myself. :)) I've been feeling a bit pressured because there's so little time left for two books. It may be a bit long for other people, but I am a very slow reader and had so much things to do because I am now in my last semester in college. The size of the books that I've been reading for the past couple of months should also be considered, i.e. the A Song of Ice and Fire Series. So I guess, you can understand my concern. But I think I could still pull this off. I hope I can.

BTW, these are the books that I've read so far (listed chronologically):


A Walk to Remember - Nicholas Sparks
The Notebook - Nicholas Sparks
The Catcher in the Rye - J.D. Salinger
Hold Still - Nina LaCour
The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald

It occurred to me that I haven't reviewed 5 books in it...but you could still click the link if you want to view the books which I was able to review. I'll probably be making the reviews before this year ends, or perhaps, early January. Also, I just figured that I haven't read much Murakami this year... oh well, I surely miss him. And I am still looking forward to purchasing the paperback edition of 1Q84. I hope I could make enough during my internship this month.

And so...only two books left and it would be complete, and I think I have the perfect books to go with it:


The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky; A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin

Perks is a given as I've already started it, and I'm almost midway. :) The problem is with the other one. You all know that any book in the ASOIAF series is definitely a big one, and A Dance with Dragons is definitely no different. I'm crossing my fingers on this one. I hope I finish it by December because I'm also one more book shy of completing the A Song of Ice and Fire 2012 Reading Challenge hosted by The Lit Bitch. I can do it!

So there goes my update. How about you? Did you also sign up for a reading challenge? What are the books you've read so far? Let me know below, and let's talk. :)

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. That's really good! Mine says I'm 17 books behind my reading challenge. lol! I planned on finishing 100. But with school and less than two months left.. Still up for the challenge, though. Only 32 more to go! (that's me being optimistic) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. woah! what a pretty big number... hehe. well good luck to that. i think i can not finish that much. you're amazing! :)) if you wanna talk about it, i'm just a comment away! xoxo

      Delete
  2. I was thinking about doing the challenge but decided not to because I probably wouldn't have been able to finish it! Maybe I'll try next year.
    new follower via GFC from blogaholic. Please visit me and follow back at Nette’s Bookshelf Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. do try! :) it's fun, plus it give extra motivation to devour more books. already followed you! nice blog. :)

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you -- so don't think twice, just comment below and let's talk! If you're feeling like it, you could also link up and I'll make sure to visit your site if you have one. Much love, ~ R. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...