Saturday, March 2, 2013

That One Line #1

Why, hello guys! I haven't written a decent entry in eons and I hope this would at least compensate my lack of presence this past month. I know I've been busy as hell, and didn't have enough time to share significant happenings from last month's advents.. but I've been trying to make up for it by posting random bits here and there. (Do follow my Instagram though: @rzzzp)

My bookworm self has been pretty starved lately plus all the unshared book thoughts are pretty overwhelming but I can't put them in comprehensible entries right now because they would take up much time so I just decided to join this online meme hosted by Goldie, which I found via Cora.

So, yeah. That One Line is an online meme in which you'll feature a certain sentence or paragraph from a book you read which struck you or left a deep impression on you. According to Goldie: "It should be from a book although quotes related to reading are also welcome." And being the quote buff that I am, this meme is perfect for me. XD I may not be able to do it weekly, but I'll try to share as much as I can. :))

Earlier this morning, I was browsing Instagram and another Tyler Knott creation (from his Typewriter series) caught my attention. As much as I would love that to be my One Line this week, it's not from a book so I guess it isn't qualified. But here it is in case you wanna know. Click here.

Other things aside, here is my quote for the week:

"Time would heal her wounds. Pain and terror was not so final as death."

That quote was from Mario Puzo's The Godfather, which is by the way great in all aspects. I think it was from Amerigo Bonasera's POV. His daughter was brutally beaten up by her so called boyfriend and his friend when she refused to have sex with the both of them -- and was left almost disfigured by the incident. "She would never be beautiful again..", as his father put it. And then that quote appeared.

I think it makes total sense, right? No matter how many hardships we'll go through, it will always be better than death. Because even though there are setbacks, nothings compares to the beauty of living. No matter how disfigured or damaged we become, death is so final while life is still full of possibilities. :))

So that was my One Line. What's yours? Comment up! :)

11 comments:

  1. nice post :) your blog is very lovely and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for commenting! :)) i checked it out already. it's nice and lovely too.! :*

      Delete
  2. I agree with all that you said! Pain makes us human. In nursing school, I learned that Pain is the 5th vital sign. To truly live life, one must experience pain. Okay, I am not being a sadist or masochist here. I just think that by experiencing pain we learn how to value our life more because as what you just said "No matter how disfigured or damaged we become, death is so final while life is still full of possibilities."

    Have a blessed Sunday, Riza! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I think Dumbledore also said something about pain and life to this effect. :)

      Delete
    2. yep. to experience pain is to live. i pretty much agree to that. nice application of nursing. :))

      Delete
  3. Wow! The Godfather is on my TBR and I have an actual copy of it but I never get around to reading it. Is it the first book in the series? I'm not sure.

    Love the line. I think you're right. While we're still alive, we can still heal as long as we permit ourselves to actually move forward. I think there are people who don't let themselves get over certain traumatic incidents, and thus get trapped in a dark world.

    Thanks for joining the meme! I'll put up a link from now on :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. be sure to read it Goldie! it's such a kick-ass book. i never expected to like it myself because I'm more for mellow/melancholic genres.

      thanks for commenting and hosting this meme. :))

      Delete
  4. Thank you for sharing this meme dear, I'm definitely interested to join this. I have this moleskine where I write the lines that struck me while reading a book.

    Your line is likewise inspiring. Setbacks definitely make us feel more alive. Without them, we'll never know the value of hope. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we're the same there, ate. I also have this notebook where I write all the quotes that moved me.

      do join. it's fun. thanks for commenting! :D

      Delete
  5. that quote is so true.

    any damage and pain that we take will open up another door that we havent had been able to open without that damage and pain experienced... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. amen to that. thanks for commenting! :3

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you -- so don't think twice, just comment below and let's talk! If you're feeling like it, you could also link up and I'll make sure to visit your site if you have one. Much love, ~ R. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...