Saturday, May 11, 2013

Movie: Never Let Me Go (2005)

Haven't posted about a movie in eons! Well, here's a cross post of a review fangirling post I made almost a year ago about a film that I randomly encountered, and enjoyed thoroughly. My roommates may never understand why I liked this film so much, but this will always hold a special place in my nerdy heart. :3


This movie is overly depressing. The mental stress I’ve gone through all through out the whole run of the movie is pretty crazy. It depicts people who are only living their lives to be a donor, to save lives — and yet, they get no recognition or anything ands they’re treated as if they’re not as human at all, as human as the lives they preserve. But what moves me more was the exceedingly tragic love of Cathy and Tommy. And how Ruth flawlessly resigns and realizes what she’s done to the two of them.

Carey Mulligan was a genius. I mean seriously, she’s able to express the full emotions of Cathy — seems neutral on the outside, but in the inside, she is going crazy with the magnitude of the conflicting feelings of hurt: of seeing her love love another and the feeling of betrayal by her friend. I can tell, merely by looking at her face. And she’s making me cry by merely looking at her expression. Such an amazing cast. Same goes to Andrew Garfield and Keira Knightley. This movie was such a treat.

It's from a book of the same name, by Kazuo Ishiguro. I kinda violated my pledge to read the book before watching the movie, but hey, I only found out there was a book right after I watched it. Definitely adding it to my TBR list. Excited to read it! :3

3 comments:

  1. OMG, this sounds so sad and remembered myself on the movie My Sister's Keeper.

    I may give this movie a try soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. do try. and oh my, my sister's keeper is kinda familiar..is it also from a book?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Then i will do so.
    Yes my sister's Keeper is also a book ( the same name) by Jodi picoult who writes awesome books.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you -- so don't think twice, just comment below and let's talk! If you're feeling like it, you could also link up and I'll make sure to visit your site if you have one. Much love, ~ R. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...