Friday, May 10, 2013

There comes a time in a girl’s life when she goes totally nuts with the Twilight series.

[WARNING: Unpopular opinion. So don’t bother reading if you’re not open-minded enough.]


I admit. I pretty much went through that phase where I’m going gaga over the whole Bella x Edward business. Honestly, my favorite in the series was ‘New Moon’ which was supposedly the gloomiest of the four. Until I figured out everything. I moved on. But hey, it’s just normal. It’s not a crime to like the Twilight series. The reason teenagers really loved the book was because they could relate to it. I honestly think that one of the most exciting part of being a teen was falling in love and experiencing it for the first time. The joy, the pain, the longing for that someone. It’s pretty understandable that people want to have something that could clearly embody what they can’t express themselves — through words. And that’s what Meyer provided us.

Whether Bella is just acting too lovesick or not, or whether all four books in the series just centers to the two of them, it doesn’t really matter. Besides, it’s a love story anyway. And it’s supposed to be about love. Whether the whole point is far too blatant, or there are certain grammatical errors that the writer overlooked. it’s still a book. And there’s a reason why the publishers approved of it.

I’ve come to a point where I just grew tired of all the bashing in the series that I, myself, once enjoyed. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a proud Harry Potter/J.K. Rowling fan. But there’s a point where fans were getting way too far. Who ever said that the Twilight saga is competing with the Harry Potter series? No one. So let’s respect Meyer, because she is a writer who only hopes to deliver good things through her books to her readers.

For me, the best thing about reading is that I find a way to express myself. The things that I cannot figure out myself, the fictional characters do. The best moments I’ve had while reading a book was when I can find characters and moments which I can relate to. And, the twilight saga kinda gave me that.

It’s the normal thing. Just like with any other book. You read it. Appreciate the beauty of it. Move on. Comes another book to read. And the process just repeats over and over. But it leaves a mark on you and you learn something new from it. That’s the beauty of reading. 


5 comments:

  1. "That's the beauty of reading." This is so well-written of you.

    i also went to the whole twilight-sage-addicted-phase. However, with the second movie coming in to the cinemas this phase had ended but I will never regret reading it because it sure made some lonesome moments special.


    www.pattygracekelly.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so glad someone agrees with me. same here, i'll never regret it.
    thanks for commenting patty! :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome.

    This phenomen is probably a sign for growing up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. But Luckily there are another cool books and book series to dive in

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you -- so don't think twice, just comment below and let's talk! If you're feeling like it, you could also link up and I'll make sure to visit your site if you have one. Much love, ~ R. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...