Wednesday, January 29, 2014

#DressUp: The Wind-Up Coordinate

Here's to a new series I've been planning to start this year. This is #DressUp -- in which I put together coordinates inspired by covers of books that I really love. Being the admirer of beautiful book covers that I am, I actually had this idea in mind for quite a while now. I am not claiming to be some sort of fashionista -- this is all just for funI'm not really used to putting things together and I'm more of a traditionalist when it comes to outfits -- using matching colors in my coordinates most of the time. This is my first futile attempt, so I hope you'll forgive me for this post. >.<


The Wind-Up Coordinate

The Wind-Up Coordinate by rzzzp featuring a gold plated pendant necklace

On the spotlight is Haruki Murakami's The Wind-up Bird Chronicle -- which is the book that's currently driving me nuts. >.<

I tried to put the orange in the bunch, but I thought it would clash with the green and all. The shades remind me of one of the characters, May Kasahara. On the other hand, the earrings are for the wind-up bird and the necklace symbolizes Kumiko's lost cat. That iPhone case that has a dream catcher print on it stands for all the dreams that played a big role in the plot of the book. The green and the yellow are self-explanatory, I guess. The addition of the flats and the leather bag is my attempt to put something of me in this coordinate. Hehe. I can honestly see myself wearing this for a short trip to the park -- to read, of course. And holding Wind-Up with this outfit would be pretty perf, don't you think? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you -- so don't think twice, just comment below and let's talk! If you're feeling like it, you could also link up and I'll make sure to visit your site if you have one. Much love, ~ R. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
back to top