Tuesday, January 28, 2014

#RecentHaul: The Wind-up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami & Love and Misadventure by Lang Leav

Welcome to my very first Haul Post this 2014! I can't really remember when I last posted something like this but what I am sure is that I do miss this -- so much. :)


I bought these two lovelies at the nearest Fullybooked! branch from where I am working. They were a bit pricey, and I noticed a slight additional charge relative to the other bookstores but it was well worth the ambiance. Well these two books, I am really excited to have for they are both part of my exhaustive 2014 reading list.

Love and Misadventure was really beautiful in person. I mean, I don't really know if it's appropriate to call a book "beautiful" according to it's cover and all but I can't think of any words to describe it. The pages. The illustrations. The font, even.

source
This is the kind of book that would look really photogenic in all those perfect scenes I imagine in my head. I might even take it to a photo shoot and enjoy every minute of it. (Haha, pathetic me.)I know that reading this would really be such a breath taking experience. God, I love Lang Leav for turning poetry into something this exciting. Though I am a solid fan of Tyler Knott Gregson, it's not really to bad to try some other poets once in a while.

source
Next up is my love, Haruki Murakami's The Wind-up Bird Chronicle. I remember myself pining for that one book in those bookshelves. The cover looks amazing. The book blurb looks amazing. Everything is amazing -- except the price, which is not really fit for a student like me. It was a big book, and I tried putting it off over and over to wait for the time when I'll be able to buy it with my own money and finally read it in it's full printed glory. There came a time when I became too addicted with Murakami that it amazes me how I was able to resist the temptation of just downloading it online and straight up read it in my phone. And my habit of highlighting his words really did me no good, even. I guess, I knew ever since that a Murakami deserves to be read in print.  I knew I needed to buy the book one time or another. And now I did. And I'm really glad.

Gosh, I'm so excited for everything. This year would definitely be a pure bliss. :)

How about you, what are the books that you recently bought?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you -- so don't think twice, just comment below and let's talk! If you're feeling like it, you could also link up and I'll make sure to visit your site if you have one. Much love, ~ R. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...