Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Saudade

Typewriter Series #658 by Tyler Knott Gregson
I dreamt of her again and I wonder when she started becoming my nightmare.

I wonder when the sight of her face, the memory of her voice, the flash of her smile -- all started sending dull aches in my chest.

It wasn't always like this. I used to yearn for that memory, that fading ember of how it used to be. I would close my eyes and try to remember her -- alive, as she once been. But those moments were long gone now. And sometimes reaching for them felt like shouting in an empty well:  voicing it all out only to find that every word you utter just kept coming back.

The hollowness kills me. It’s a punch in the gut, a twisting of the insides. She was supposed to be a happy memory. It was never meant to be like this.

~R

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you -- so don't think twice, just comment below and let's talk! If you're feeling like it, you could also link up and I'll make sure to visit your site if you have one. Much love, ~ R. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
back to top