Thursday, February 20, 2014

That One Line #4

This meme from last year is too good to just be forgotten. My last "That One Line Entry" was what? Somehwere almost 10 months ago. Well anyway, as a refresher:

Welcome back to That One Line! :)

"That One Line is an online meme in which you'll feature a certain sentence or paragraph from a book you read which struck you or left a deep impression on you. According to Goldie: "It should be from a book although quotes related to reading are also welcome." 

Anyways, I am currently reading Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell, and as expected (as I've mentioned in my 2014 Reading List), this is taking "relateable" to a whole new level. Haha. It feels like my whole person was translated to words and I'm reading it from the outside. Cath was one of the characters that I feel really similar and connected to. In any case, I am almost halfway in the book and one quote caught me in particular, that made me realize that I seriously need to start a book diary this year for all the feels I've been getting from every single book I've read and will soon read this year onwards. Neat, right? One day I'll let you get a peak. :D

Well, here's the line:

"Reading was too quiet -- she needed to write"

THIS. There were times when your mind is shouting and you try to drown the voices by reading and listening to someone else's. But it's not working. Because -- as if they have a mind of their own -- they are all struggling to come out; and it feels like if you won't let them, they will eat you alive. You need to put them into paper. Let them materialize. Turn them into something concrete. That's how bad it is, sometimes. YOU JUST HAVE TO LET THEM OUT.

See what I mean by relateable? It just exactly is.
__________________
Check out my other TOL posts:
That One Line #1
That One Line #2
That One Line #3

7 comments:

  1. Hah! thanks for pointing that out. >.< just link it to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh this is such a fun post idea! I still need to read Fangirl but I haven't read Harry Potter and I don't write so I'm worried that I won't like it as much as everyone does. I really love that line though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura! I don't write fanfiction too but if you love books...this is relateable as relateable can get. You don't need to have read HP before you read this because there's some sort of a fictional book inside the whole Fangirl narrative...so I guess you'll do just fine. Try it!


    In any case, you can always join us in doing this post. I'll look forward to it, link it up if you made one, okay? Thanks for commenting. :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaand it's here! :) http://mybookmusings.blogspot.com/2014/02/that-one-line-19.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you -- so don't think twice, just comment below and let's talk! If you're feeling like it, you could also link up and I'll make sure to visit your site if you have one. Much love, ~ R. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
back to top