Thursday, February 13, 2014

You make me feel less.

There were moments when I wonder if I ever found someone closer to my dreams than you are. I used to think that imagining THAT one person would be pretty superficial…. but when I look at you, all I see are these little things —  these little details, building up into something that I think I’d never get tired adoring.

I pale in comparison. And my light is getting dimmer still.

Even so, I ask,

"If I write about you, would you care?"

"Would you even notice?"

Well, maybe not. And for the first time in a very long time, I don’t even care. I won’t be hurt. I won’t be discouraged. I would remain as the moon to the sun that you are: living in the shadows, but sustained by your light.

You make me feel less…but at the same time, you make me want to be more.
"I love you like certain dark things are to be loved: in secret, between the shadow and the soul." 
~ Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
______________

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you -- so don't think twice, just comment below and let's talk! If you're feeling like it, you could also link up and I'll make sure to visit your site if you have one. Much love, ~ R. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...