Saturday, May 3, 2014

An update on my life so far. :)

Heyaaaaah! Happy Sunday! I can't believe it's been a long time, I know. Things just got a little out of hand... it has been a series of busy days after the other. Work has been occupying a huge chunk of my life right now (not that I'm complaining), so my blog presence is not really so apparent. And the thing is I find it hard to compose a decent blog post nowadays because y'all know how I'm used to writing long ones. I'm trying to figure out a way to save face...and the only thing that came up is to try to get used to posting short, frequent entries. Would you like that? I don't know myself, but I wish it'd work out. :)

There's so much pressure at work these days. I don't mind most of the time, really. But when I lose the time devoted to doing what I want (ehem, reading), that's when I really lose it. Those were the moments when I really felt burnt out. And I know that escaping into that fictional world (even for just two hours) would make it better. So yeah, I've been jumping from one book to another these past few months and before I knew it,
I've already accomplished almost 3/4 of my 2014 Reading Challenge. Isn't it just rad? Hehe. That surprised me really. Because I've been very busy, and I managed to squeeze this thing in my schedule no matter how jam-packed it is. And since considering I'm a veeeeeery slow reader, I consider it an achievement in it self. Things like this make me keep going --- and I honestly love that feeling. But the downside is that I can't keep up with posting my book thoughts. Haha. But I guess I'll find a way. Don't worry. :)

For the last couple of months, I've had my first out-of-town trip (on my own, meaning without my parents) and I hope I could squeeze it in and tell you all about it. I'm having the best time in my current work right now -- though its keeping me busy and awake most of the time, one thing I can't deny is that it keeps me always pumped up, especially with deadlines. I'm a self-declared couch potato, but i really like it when my adrenaline is on an all-time high because I'm trying to chase a deadline. It's what keeps my mind awake and alert, so no complanin'. :)

via
I'd like to talk about a lot of things..but I guess, cramming them up in one post would be such an ordeal (for me and for whoever makes the effort to read this boring post, hehe). So I guess I'll just finish this off with a list of what I wanna do (or have or accomplish or anything) for the next months:

  • Get back to writing
  • Keep a journal (AGAIN)
  • Update my scrapbook
  • FINISH MY READING CHALLENGE
  • Go on a trip (AGAIN)
  • Finish my TBR pile 
  • Be a regular at work
  • Excel at work
  • Get a decent (if not excellent) evaluation at work
  • Watch a movie with my siblings
  • Go out more
  • Experience the sun (though I don't really like hanging out with the heat and all)
  • Go to a beach
  • Swim!
  • Reconnect with old friends
  • Talk more
  • Smile more
  • Walk more
  • Eat less (>.<)
  • Commit to wellness
  • Exercise more
  • Write a blog post
  • Update this blog more often
  • Stop obsessing over Facebook or Twitter (srsly, it's ruining my life)
  • Experience life
  • Enjoy more
  • Be POSITIVE all the time
  • Start a savings account
  • Be prudent in spending money
  • Watch what I eat
  • Be a "sunnier" person
  • Stop obsessing over the past
  • Live in the NOW
  • ENJOY LIFE
  • CARPE DIEM!
Haha. Why, that was fun. That was just an unedited, continuous stream of thought. Honestly, I forgot how refreshing it feels to just blurt out everything in writing without a care to the world. Forgive me for all the nonsense. It's time to start doing things. Bye! Here's to more updates in the coming days. :) HAPPY SUMMER! 

Thoughts? COMMENT BELOW and let's talk. :3

1 comment:

  1. Hello!

    We are Blogs Ng Pinoy, an online directory of blogs made by Pinoys worldwide. You registered with us before but somehow failed to link us back (or we can't seem to find our link anymore) here in your blog/website. In this regard, we're writing to inform you that a new and simpler link badge is now available at BNP. You may use it to link us to your website/blog.

    (NOTE: Linking BNP was a requirement when you first registered with us, failure to do so may result to your blog being removed from the listings. If you've already linked BNP, please do inform us through our CONTACT US page).

    Best Regards,
    BNP
    blogsngpinoy.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you -- so don't think twice, just comment below and let's talk! If you're feeling like it, you could also link up and I'll make sure to visit your site if you have one. Much love, ~ R. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
back to top