Monday, June 9, 2014

"But certain ones are too important to get lost in all this."

It's been a while since I posted something in this space of mine... and it's certainly much longer since I posted a book quote that pretty much made me stop and think and soak in all the feels that I could get from it. But hey, here I am with another one and it's one that's really random but I can't probably show my love for it any other way.

Here'e something from my current read right now: The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith.

via
"It hard now," he said, his voice breaking just slightly. "I don't get to recommend books to you all that often. But certain ones are too important to get lost in all this." He waved a  hand vaguely between them, as if to define just exactly what this was. 

"Thanks," Hadley said, folding the book into her arms, hugging it to keep from hugging him. That they were left with only this -- this awkward, prearranged meet-up, this terrible silence -- seemed almost more than she could bear, and the unfairness of it all welled up inside of her. It was his fault, all of it, and yet her hatred for him was the worst kind of love, a tortured longing, a misguided wish that made her heart hammer in her chest. She couldn't ignore the disjointed sensation that they were now two different pieces of two different puzzles, and nothing in the world could make them fit together again.
~ Jennifer E. Smith, The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight 

For some reason, something tugged that part of me that gets emotional in all these inappropriate places. And now...I'm pretty sure I'm about to cry if I'm emotionally capable of that right now.

It's not the love story per se...  it's something much more.  And just a few pages from this book and I already know that this could offer me something special. Of course, with all the Oliver thing (Oliveh in that British accent of his), this could go on as one of the more romantic YA books that I've read that makes me want to fall in love again as soon as possible -- but I'm guessing I'll be more affected with all the figuring out stuff in the relationship of Hadley and her father. I can't wait. I honestly can't.

4 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful quote! I'm planning to read that book after I'm done with The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices. :) Glad to see you back, Riza ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your comment actually made me smile. Haha. So fast. And here I am thinking that nobody even bothered to read all my ramblings. Hehe. I'm glad to be back too. I hope this continues. :)) Thanks for making commenting Trish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aneca Camille LeeJuly 8, 2014 at 5:26 AM

    This book kinda showed me how Oliver and Hadley are like "kindred"
    souls; they have things in common that made them sympathize with each
    other. I really like the whole book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree! Thanks for dropping by, Camille! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you -- so don't think twice, just comment below and let's talk! If you're feeling like it, you could also link up and I'll make sure to visit your site if you have one. Much love, ~ R. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...