Saturday, November 22, 2014

#BookHaul: ghostgirl by Tonya Hurley and Hollow City by Ransom Riggs

Oh what a great, great Sunday it is! Aside from me waking up relatively earlier than usual, doing my laundry (!), and generally just feeling really good today... I accidentally visited a book sale at my love, National Book Store, on my way to the coffee shop.

I got curious and all, so I decided to stop by. Goodness, I never imagined I was in for a surprise.

More (!!!).
I first spotted Tonya Hurley's ghostgirl for freaking 99 php only! I was so happy when I saw this because finally, finally I would be able to purchase something that's been bothering me since I saw it first came out -- and on sale, at that!

And because of a really good find, I decided to dig in more in hopes of finding another gem in the pile. After scouring and looking like an idiot bending over the racks for a very long time, I accidentally saw a familar-looking cover -- and when I held it up, it turned out to be Ransom Riggs' Hollow City!!! Oh. My. Freakin. Gawd.  I immediately decided to check the price (because, you know, the chances of finding a book like this in an actual sale is pretty slim and the chances that it was just misplaced was pretty high) -- and what stunned me was the price, it was also on sale, at freaking 75 php only!

This is MY day. And I am loving it.
I don't know what it is with NBS Davao, I seem to always find something interesting at a bargain. But hey, not that I am complaining -- because t's pretty fun.

And now, what really puzzles me is the fact that Hollow City is cheaper than ghostgirl. Lol. But yeah, I am a really happy kid right now. And it just gave me more of a motivation to actually finish what I need to be doing right now. Haha. 

If only I have more time. *sigh* But we gotta settle sometimes. And hope that everything would have their proper time. And I am rambling uselessly again. What the hell.

3 comments:

  1. Glad that you're posting again^^ Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen! So much for backlogs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I were that lucky in finding gems during book sales

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you -- so don't think twice, just comment below and let's talk! If you're feeling like it, you could also link up and I'll make sure to visit your site if you have one. Much love, ~ R. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
back to top