Saturday, December 6, 2014

Oh, life.

Through the roofs to rock bottom. Oh, life.

It's just sad to realize how much of my self-esteem depends on what I hear other people say about me. Whether it be bad, or imaginary bad... it's all the same. Some remarks always poke a hole no matter how high a wall I put from others, from all the judging, for all the endless mind games.

People don't always mean what they say, and even with that knowledge, I still let some things affect me when they're not even concrete enough to warrant my care. I don't have to give a shit about everything, but I still do. And it's heartbreaking how it can ruin a perfectly good day, a perfectly good mood.

It's hard. And it sucks.

And I wish I could get over this stupid inferiority complex, if just a little.

Note to self: Grow up.

4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean, Riza! I am like that too and it is exhausting! My mind can't rest and I think everything, all the time and as a result I'm getting anxious and stressed. Some times I can't even eat from the stress. It's not good. We must learn to control these things and just not to care about everything. So, cheers to that, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate as well: sometimes things are said jokingly and it ruins your day. I get it's a joke but it still haunts me. If your like me, then sometimes you remember things from long ago and the flashback makes you flinch It helps to think of good moments, where you did something good , something positive. It helps me....or listen to music to drown out your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reminded, A. It happens all the time, but I guess we're lucky because we're able to pick ourselves up every time. Thanks for dropping by as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this. I'l keep it in mind next time. Drowning your thoughts really help. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you -- so don't think twice, just comment below and let's talk! If you're feeling like it, you could also link up and I'll make sure to visit your site if you have one. Much love, ~ R. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...