Sunday, August 16, 2015

Of Random Thoughts and Plans

It's almost 10 minutes after 3:00 in the morning and I am writing this while waiting for an e-mail attachment to finish uploading. Work as always, but it's just me procrastinating early on that's why.

From the last few days, I've learned to somehow set a boundary between my me-time and my work. The number of times I checked my e-mail, replied to a text, or just answered a call after office hours was surprisingly lesser compared from before. I don't know if it's a good thing -- but what I do know is that it helps me keep my mind at ease if just for a few hours.

I am slowly coming to terms with the reality that these things won't really affect me that much if I don't also think about them that much. And so far, it's been good.


I'm am striving to finally get a life outside of work these past few days... and luckily, the results were satisfying. I even had a bunch of things on my to-do list right now. Pretty special things! :D

  • I am gearing up towards a really big change in my life that I just decided to do one particularly humid afternoon, after talking to my dad and realizing that I don't know what the hell I am doing with my life at the moment. I am finally going back to school, and as much as I want to say more about it... I guess, I'll announce it here once it's all set in stone. Ayt?

  • Status and blog updates of friends or just plain acquaintances getting published seriously bothered me and got me to thinking where my dream of becoming a writer go. I've always wanted to write, and even if I know that I'm not particularly good at it, the dream still lives on. The craziest thing I did this week? I created an account in a writing platform under an alias. I mean, really. >.< I want to literally write my own fiction, the fiction I'd like to read. I don't really have that ultimate goal of being published (but if given the chance, yeah, that's an added bonus)... but this is me trying this thing rather than regretting not doing it for the rest of my life. :)

  • I am actually thinking of finally changing themes! For this blog, yes! I know that my current layout was made by sheer effort right before my college graduation but I do think that this style does not suit me anymore. I'll squeeze things in, and, hopefully I could find time to do it. 

Life is crazy these days. But I know, the next few days are gonna be exciting! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you -- so don't think twice, just comment below and let's talk! If you're feeling like it, you could also link up and I'll make sure to visit your site if you have one. Much love, ~ R. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
back to top