Monday, February 29, 2016

Raison d'être

Was it a nightmare? I don't know. At least it's a nightmare I'd like to keep. 

I could forget it, slowly. Until it disappears completely. As if it never happened at all.


I will forget the conversation, that brief glimpse of you - the smile, as well as that apparent grief that crossed your face. It's clear: you wanted to tell me something. And I'm not even sure if I got it right, but what I'm sure is that it stirred something in me. I may forget this meeting, but I am sure as hell that I'll never be able to forget the feeling.

At this moment, I can feel the memory slowly slipping away from me. Like grains of sand I can't quite catch no matter how hard I try. In time, I'll be left with these tiny bits and pieces that, for all I know, are not even enough to make a whole.

But I'll find a way to make sense of you. I swear, I'll always find a way.

-------

"And this is why I write," I thought. To preserve you, to preserve this. There would come a time when I'll try to remember this moment: when I'll try to paint with words but will fail. But when I read this, I'll be able to remember the feeling, or at least try. And for now, it is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you -- so don't think twice, just comment below and let's talk! If you're feeling like it, you could also link up and I'll make sure to visit your site if you have one. Much love, ~ R. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...