Saturday, June 18, 2016

#WeekendChronicles: Buku Buku Kafe

T'was a lazy Saturday afternoon and I was planning to convert our little bedroom corner into an office area but then electricity suddenly went off and boom - I've nowhere to go. Good thing I remembered this book cafe relatively near our place that I've been meaning to try since I saw it in blogs. So naturally, I picked up my things, got my sister to accompany me, and the next thing I know, we are positioning ourselves in this cute cafe.


Buku Buku Kafe is a book cafe located at The District Imus. This is such a pretty big deal for me because I've been looking for book cafes in the likes of those in QC and Makati here at Cavite. The thing is, most of the cafes (that serve decent to pretty good coffee) here are so mainstream. I've been craving that indie vibe, that comfy feeling. And now, we have it! Nice, nice. Now, I don't really need to go to Maginhawa or some far off place to experience authentic book cafe #feels.

More of this after the jump!




The place has a really nice ambiance and pretty interesting decorations. For one, check out these unique, structured chandeliers! Plus, look at those books attached to the ceiling! If that doesn't scream bookish, I don't know what will.


Of course, since this is a book cafe, it wouldn't be complete without the book shelves. They have a pretty decent collection of novels, poetry and illustrated books that you can freely borrow inside the cafe.


They serve water in these pretty cute mason jars. That's my sister on the background chilling af.


The menu was pretty decent. There is a huge selection of food: from entrees, to classic breakfast meals, pica picas, sandwiches and, of course, a variety of drinks to choose from. Coffee! And did I mention they also have alcoholic drinks? >.< All in one = the perfect place for chilling out. LOL.


The conservative that I am (since I haven't read any review on the food) chose the default thing I always choose when in a new restaurant: pasta in white sauce! So yeah, I settled with their Chicken Alfredo. I haven't had breakfast and lunch when we get there so I was pretty famished. The serving was huuuuuge! There is a generous amount of chicken strips and the white sauce was delectable. This dish was pretty nice. Finally, a hangout place that serves good pasta in Cavite. >.<


My sister went with their Beef Brisket Tapa. A nice tapa meal is always a comfort food for us in the family so she had great expectations for this. Alas, the food did not disappoint. I got to taste some of the beef and it was so tasty. It was a bit saucy, when I checked it out, but it was worth every cent! Pretty nice. :)



They have legit vintage typewriters as decor! I am crying. This is heaven.


After enjoying the delectable food, we got to order some drinks. I got the Kaffe Latte. Again, they serve GOOD coffee. I forgot to ask, but I think their coffee beans are locally sourced. (?)


Le sister got their Tsokolate-eh. Wasn't able to taste it, but she said it was delicious.


We sat beside the community board because of the power socket + the space... but looking up, we saw these community board gold. Check out this poem written in a napkin.


Also, this handwritten card: "Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire." A nice thought to note.

I think I left a note in there. And I even used a brush pen but the end result sucked so I didn't take a picture -- but I did post it still. :)


Buku Buku Kafe alaso encourages independent local artists so they have a corner in which they sell locally consigned goods. This one is a sketchpad/notebook with a pretty rad cover. I did end up buying a note pad c/o of Ella Lama. Everything was so cute I cannot~  >.<


A moss terrarium + motivational post cards.


Magnetic poetry kits + magnetic bookmarks + tumblers + geeky polaroids.
  

Saw this on the displayed magnetic board. And oh, I bought my very own magnetic board, too! :3


And of course, like any cafe, the place was peppered with 'coffee quotes'. 


I particularly like that "THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING PROPERLY CAFFEINATED" sign. 
You got me bro! >.<


I have a lovely relationship with these structured lamps. Gaaah, I want them in my room! O.O


They also have this Hugot Board on display. Can you spy that little "overthinking" there? Gaah, I love it!


#TeamBahay invades Buku Buku Kafe! >.<

If you spy those board games in the counter, yes, you can also borrow games here! Nice, right? :3


That DFTBA quote is gold! I'm not sure if it's just coincidence but it is still nice to see traces of the Nerdfighteria lurking in the most random of corners. And for that, you got + points from me, Buku Buku Kafe! :3


Obligatory selfie before heading out.

There was an open mic that afternoon but we were not able to attend it because of #duties. But still, hoping to be there on their next event. The nice lady said that they host events almost once a month, so I guess this will be a regular hang out place from now on? I hope so. Overall, it was a nice experience. Will definitely come back in this bookworm's haven. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you -- so don't think twice, just comment below and let's talk! If you're feeling like it, you could also link up and I'll make sure to visit your site if you have one. Much love, ~ R. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
back to top