Saturday, December 24, 2016

In the cold Christmas morning of 2016

It took a moment to realize that, yes, I just dreamt that you were still around.
In my dream, you were just missing but you were found.
In my dream, it just took a long time but you woke up, you opened your eyes.
In my dream, you were not perpetually gone but you were alive.

I woke up with this weird, lingering feeling that is close to nostalgia or even emptiness. I wonder why it took a few more seconds still to say to myself that, "oh, I dreamed that".

In the cold Christmas morning of 2016, the first thing I dreamt about was you. They say in Christmas, one should wish to their heart's desire. Really, I won't be surprised if that was an unconscious plea on my end -- an impossible wish for an impossible heart.
____________________

Realizing the impossible distance between your wants and reality always hits hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you -- so don't think twice, just comment below and let's talk! If you're feeling like it, you could also link up and I'll make sure to visit your site if you have one. Much love, ~ R. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
back to top