Sunday, August 13, 2017

#TheReadingQuest Sign-Up Post and TBR

Another quest for my reading pleasure! I thoroughly enjoyed the last time I joined a reading challenge for #AsianLitBingo last May 2017. So this month, I am signing up for the #TheReadingQuest! This is a reading challenge based on a video game quest with an interesting 'gameplay' and even more interesting reading prompts. I was really excited when I saw the prompts because it's like a more exciting way of lessening my TBR pile right now - I mean, c'mon, look at the board below:


Anyway, #TheReadingQuest is being hosted by the amazing Aentee of Reading at Midnight which will run from August 13 to September 10, 2017! Last day of sign-ups is until August 13th (today!!!) -- so this is pretty last minute.

Participants will have to select a Character Class and conquer the related quest (path) comprised of several reading prompts in The Quest Board. In my case, I chose to be a MAGE. :)
"As wielders of spells and witchcraft, these players will conjure and summon their way through the First Down path on the quest. Their tomes contain magic and whispers of alternate lands."
And the fun thing about this reading challenge is we can make our own character ID card -- and here's mine:


There are EXP and HP points, level-ups, and treasures that can be gained through this reading challenge so it is really one exciting adventure. :) If you want to know more, head over to #TheReadingQuest Sign-Up post for more information and the detailed mechanics.

And now, for my TBR -- here goes:

THE FIRST BOOK IN A SERIES


Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi  -  I know! I haven't started the series and I thought this is a pretty good opportunity to read it, beginning with Tahereh Mafi's Shatter Me. 

Pages: 338 - 33 HP Points


A BOOK SET IN A DIFFERENT WORLD



Crown of Midnight (Thrones of Glass, #2) by Sarah J. Maas - Continuing on with my S.J. Maas streak is the Throne of Glass series. I haven't made a review for the A Court of Thorns and Roses series + the first book in the Throne of Glass (*hides in shame*) but this is still a good opportunity to continue on the series. (I hope I could post the reviews for these magical books soon!)

Pages: 418 - 41 HP Points


A BOOK BASED ON MYTHOLOGY



The Epic Crush of Genie Lo by F. C. Yee - To the book that took my Twitter timeline by storm! Even before its release, this has been the talk of the town in YA twitter (along with The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue). Super intriguing and I heard it was super good. I am so excited to read this!

Pages: 336 - 33 HP Points


A BOOK THAT CONTAINS MAGIC



The Arctic Incident (Artemis Fowl, #2) by Eoin Colfer - Continuing on with my dear Artemis Fowl. I recently finished the first book and it turns out I can't get enough. Thanks to a friend of mine for recommending this series, and not it's part of this quest. :)

Pages: 277 - 27 HP Points


A BOOK WITH A ONE WORD TITLE


Want (Want, #1) by Cindy Pon - Another one that's been too hyped up in my Twitter timeline (honestly, I love my Twitter folks). It's time to find what it's all about. Also, intriguing cover!

Pages: 328 - 32 HP Points
______

So there, there! 4 out 5 of the books in this quest are part of a series, plus they're all YA. My allegiances are pretty obvious, I know. I hope I could finish this on time, considering the pile of work I'm currently in -- but we'll make a way because we make time for the things we love. That's how we can maintain balance in our lives. Looking forward for all the fun! :3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you -- so don't think twice, just comment below and let's talk! If you're feeling like it, you could also link up and I'll make sure to visit your site if you have one. Much love, ~ R. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...